Golden Globes trivia: How many bottles of bubbly will the stars drink today?
• There's more red carpet rolled out in front of the Golden Globes ceremony (30,000 square feet) than any other awards show I know. That's because the Beverly Hilton has such a huge, sprawling, U-shaped driveway. All of it must be covered. You'd be surprised to see up close how small the red carpets are at the Oscars and Emmys by comparison!
• This is the 40th time that the Golden Globes will be held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Dates: 1961, 1962, 1971-72, 1974-2009.
• The International Ballroom holds about 1,300 guests for the Golden Globes banquet. Nearly 3,000 additional guests will attend viewing parties throughout the hotel.
• More than 1,200 media members cover the Golden Globes in person for 185 outlets. Among them: 58 camera crews, 65 still photographers.
• Service to all 4,300 party participants and 1,200 media folk is provided by 40 chefs, 110 culinary staff, 50 bartenders and 250 servers. More than 10,000 silverware and plate settings will be used for the award show, viewing and after-parties. More than 600 bottles of wine and 220 bottles of Champagne will flow.
• To see a complete list of tonight's nominees, CLICK HERE!
TAKE GOLD DERBY'S TRIVIA QUIZZES
1.) Who gave this shocking acceptance speech? — "What I'd really like is a cigarette!" HERE is the answer!
2.) Which movie won the most Golden Globes? The answer is HERE!