Vote in the Gold Derby Awards for best TV of the decade
The awards for the best film and TV of the year bestowed by the posters in our Gold Derby forums are so popular that it's time to decide the best of the best! Recently, our moderators pooled opinions to decide nominees for the best TV from 2000 to 2009. Each category is now a top 10 list awaiting your vote to pick a winner. Check out the rundowns here.
Some interesting facts from these nominees:
• "The Sopranos" and "Arrested Development" lead with the most bids among drama and comedy series — 11 each.
• Tina Fey and Ricky Gervais have the most noms for individuals (five).
"Will & Grace" is the only series with its entire regular cast nominated (Messing, McCormack, Mullally & Hayes).
• "Angels in America" has the most nominations among movies/miniseries (seven).
• Lisa Kudrow is nominated against herself as best lead comedy actress ("The Comeback" vs. "Friends").
• Helen Mirren is nominated against herself as best movie actress ("Elizabeth 1" vs. "Prime Suspect").
• Lots of Oscar winners have been nominated in these TV categories (Alan Ball, Jim Broadbent, Sally Field, Brian Grazer, Jeremy Irons, Cloris Leachman, Helen Mirren, Liza Minnelli, Paul Newman, Al Pacino, Vanessa Redgrave, Geoffrey Rush, Meryl Streep, Emma Thompson, Forest Whitaker, Robin Williams, Kate Winslet).
• Quite a few snubs of people who were probably expecting nominations (Larry David of "Curb Your Enthusiasm," America Ferrera of "Ugly Betty," Sally Field of "Brothers & Sisters," Calista Flockhart of "Ally McBeal," Jon Hamm of "Mad Men," Mariska Hargitay of "Law & Order: SVU," Patricia Heaton of "Everybody Loves Raymond," Felicity Huffman of "Desperate Housewives," Ray Romano of "Everybody Loves Raymond," William Shatner of "Boston Legal").
• Drama series snubs include "Damages," "Dexter," "Grey's Anatomy," "House" and "24."
• Comedy series snubs include "Frasier" (which holds the Emmy record for most wins as best series — five), "Curb Your Enthusiasm," "Scrubs," "Ugly Betty" and "Weeds."
Photos: NBC, Fox