There's more red carpet rolled out in front of the Golden Globes ceremony (30,000 square feet) than any other awards show I know. That's because the Beverly Hilton has such a huge, sprawling, U-shaped driveway. Here are more fun facts:
• This is the 41st time that the Golden Globes will be held at the Beverly Hilton. Dates: 1961, 1962, 1971-72, 1974-2010.
• The International Ballroom holds about 1,300 guests for the Golden Globes banquet. Nearly 3,000 additional guests will attend viewing parties throughout the hotel.
• More than 1,200 media members cover the Golden Globes in person for 185 outlets. Among them: 58 camera crews, 65 still photographers.
• Service to all 4,300 party participants and 1,200 media folk is provided by 40 chefs, 110 culinary staff, 50 bartenders and 250 servers. More than 10,000 silverware and plate settings will be used for the award show, viewing and after-parties. More than 600 bottles of wine and 220 bottles of Champagne will flow.
• It's big news that Ricky Gervais is hosting the kudocast. The Golden Globes ceremony hasn't had a host since 1995. John Larroquette ("Night Court," "The John Larroquette Show") and Janine Turner ("Northern Exposure") were the last to have the job, serving jointly as ringmasters the last time TBS aired the Golden Globes telecast before NBC's takeover.